Taken from The Daily Mail.
It seems the Aussie public has fallen in love with the quirky residents of Weld in 800 Words, with the new drama topping the TV ratings. The Seven Network‘s new series beat the X Factor for a second week, with 1.19 million people tuning in on Tuesday night to see how former Packed to the Rafters actor Erik Thomson is faring in the small Kiwi town. 800 Words premiered last week to an audience of 1.219 million.
With the X Factor a close second (1.09 million) it was a big night for Seven with their nightly news rounding out the top three most watched shows on the OzTAM overnight ratings.
Most watched shows on Tuesday:
1. 800 Words (Seven) – 1.19 million
2. The X Factor (Seven) – 1.09 million
3. News (Seven) – 1.06 million
4. 6.30 News (Nine) – 1.03 million
5. A Current Affair (Nine) – 1.02 million
6. Today Tonight (Seven) – 1.01 million
7. News (Nine) – 994,000
8. The Block (Nine) – 858,000
9. News (ABC) – 815,000
10. Home And Away (Seven) – 791,000
800 Words is an Australian / New Zealand co-production shot in New Zealand and featuring local talent in key roles.